Background

Monday, July 26, 2010

January - July 12th

So its been a while since I posted, but I decided that I am ready to start posting again.  I'll catch you all up.  Nothing real exciting happened January until May.  We started on Clomid at the beginning of May so that we could start our family.  May 31st we got our first positive pregnancy test.  It was such an exciting day for us! 

Clarence didn't believe the first test, the line was super faint, but there was a line. I had to get the digital test that read PREGNANT before he would believe it. And a couple minutes into the test it read PREGNANT.









We decided to tell our family that Thursday, before I left on vacation for a wedding.  We told Nivia first, she was super excited.  We gave her a bib that said "What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's".  She opened it, looked at me and said, "Are you guys serious??".  We just nodded and she started crying.  We couldn't wait to give Nivia her first grandbaby. 

Next we went to my parents house.  Gave them two bibs and a frame with "Baby Pegues, Arriving 2/14/2011".  We handed it to them in a Target bag and said we thought they left the stuff at our house.  The looked confused and then saw the bibs and said, "Oh, this must be Addie's".  My Mom put down the bag and felt something hard (the frame).  Re-opened the bag and started crying.  Mom was really quiet, but kinda jumping around, and my Dad asked what was going on.  She showed him the frame and he got super excited too. 

We did betas that first week and they more than doubled in the 48 hour window.  We felt really good about this pregnancy and it was starting to feel more and more real. 


 Along came my 6 week appt and my first ultrasound. We were slightly hoping for twins, but were so happy when we saw one happy little baby. The Doctor saw the heartbeat and said our due date was 2/16/2010 based on size and estimated date of conception. He gave us a picture of our first baby and asked us to come back in 2 weeks, July 7th, for a 2nd ultrasound. 






So we head back to Dr Thompson's for our 8 week u/s.  Everything looked great and our baby started to look like a real baby.  We heard the heart beat, 155 bpm.  The doctor said everything looked great, the baby was measuring 8w2d, changed the due date to 2/15.  We were getting closer to Valentine's day.  





We left this appointment knowing that everything was going to be great.  Once you hear the heartbeat the chance of miscarriage goes down to less than 5%.  We knew we were safe at this point, no reason to think otherwise.  We decided that it was time to tell everyone else.  We posted the due date on Facebook.  Everyone congratulated us.  I brought cupcakes to work and announced it there.  I just felt so comfortable.  Everything felt right and we were on our way to being parents.   

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I was right along with you as far as the time line. Our baby stopped growing at 8 weeks and we found out on 7/19 at 10 weeks. We were due 2/15/11. I didn't have my D&E until yesterday- I opted to 'wait and see'. The doctor was concerned that I wouldn't go fully. Glad it's over but also sad. I know what you're going through girl. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete