Background

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

26 Weeks

We are officially at less than 100 days until this baby gets here!  It's all starting to feel so real and now I'm starting to freak out at all of the items we have left to do.  I guess we should get moving on things like the baby room!  I have some really amazing friends from work who graciously gave us a bunch of things for Kendall.  Some of it we can use and some of it will go to the in-laws house so that when Kendall and her cousin visit MIL will have "stuff" for them to sit in and keep busy.  I'd been looking for a crib and couldn't find anything that knocked my socks off that I wanted to pay for.  My co-worker had her sons crib and changing table, in the perfect color, and she just gave them to us.  Amazing!! 


Here's my belly picture for the week.  I'm in my hottest outfit, that is for sure!  


And the famous pregnancy survey!

How far along?: 26 weeks
Total weight gain: Officially up 15 lbs.  I have a feeling I'm going to put on the lbs more quickly at this point, I can't stop eating and Kendall is getting bigger and bigger.  Hopefully I don't gain much more than 10-15 lbs.  I should probably stop eating so many sweets to help with that.
How big is baby?:  About 14 in head to toe; about 1 1/2 lbs
Maternity clothes?:  All the time now.  Mostly pants, I have some non-maternity shirts that still fit. 
Movement: The midwife told us that she should move 4x an hour or 8x every two hours.  She is moving at least 10x an hour at this point so she is VERY active.  Saturday night she found the inside of my ribcage which was interesting.  Still loving feeling her move though!
Stretch marks?: Still none yet....**knock on wood**.  I did just order some Mamma Bee belly lotion, as soon as it gets here I'll start using that as well.
Sleep?: At this point I'm waking up at least 2x a night to go to the bathroom and then have a hard time falling back asleep.  The worst is when I wake up at 3 or 3:30 and then have to get up for work around 5.  Needless to say, I've not been good at getting to work on time...
Symptoms?: I'm tired now!!  And my nausea is coming back, hardcore in the morning.  I also have the Mask of Pregnancy that is getting worse the further I go along.  Its really pretty pigmentation on my forehead and cheeks...not cute.  But my skin has been very clear and in the past week I've had a couple of days with serious amounts of energy - and I'm much appreciative of that.
Food cravings: Cupcakes & chicken nuggets.  I'd eat them all day every day if that were okay.  Probably not a good idea though...
Belly button in or out?: The right side is making its way out, the left side is still all the way in. 
What I miss: Wine!  Not because I want to get drunk but b/c I just want to enjoy a glass of wine every now and then.
What I'm looking forward to: Still our trip to Phoenix but also getting Kendall's room organized.  We will probably work on that at the beginning of July.
Best Moment this week: Getting a free crib and dresser!! 
Milestone: I guess just getting this far.  Can't believe we are almost there!
Nursery Progress: Nothing new to report here.

No comments:

Post a Comment