Background

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wrap-Up 2010

So its been forever since I've been on here, but I've decided that it's time to get back at blogging.  What a crazy 9 months its been since I last posted.  Here are the highlights:
  • In October, Clarence was in an ATV accident and the side-by-side Clarence was riding in rolled to his side.  Luckily it had a roll-cage so no life-threatening injuries happened to him or the driver, but he did end up with broken bones in his hand, a dislocated wrist and compartment syndrome in his forearm.  4 nights in the hospital and 2 surgeries later we got to go home.  He has a pretty gnarly scar on his forearm but other than that he is doing much better.
  • In November, my Nanny passed away unexpectedly.  We got to spend one last week with her before being by her bedside as she took her final breath.  As sad as it was to see her go, I'm happy that she is in a better place.  She spent much of the last couple of years dealing with a lot of ailments and memory loss.  Its hard on us, but it has to be a relief for her.  She is in such better hands now with all my other family Heaven.  Here are some pics of her cabin (Clarence, RuthAnn and I went and spent a day cleaning her shed and saying one last goodbye to Stonewall, CO.  Also some pics of my beautiful family from the services.

  • We welcomed lots of friends new babies into our lives.  They are all beautiful and healthy and I couldn't be happier for everyone.  
  • We had a great holiday season with friends and family and had lots to be grateful for.  While we did have a slightly rough year, we had lots to be happy about. 
  • The best part of the year happened for us the last day of the year.  I'll get to that in the next post, don't want to overwhelm anyone!
Here are some fun pics from 2010 -



 











No comments:

Post a Comment